THE QUICK READ VERSION
Everything in this world comes at a cost, especially when it comes to quality. We sincerely put in our skills, knowledge, time, money and most importantly our heart & soul in the creation of free videos & graphics content for the world. We are here with the noble intention of sharing our resources with the world. It was an impossible journey without peoples support. But at the end of the day, we were able to do it with your support. So, to have transparency between us, we are glad to share this information with you.
Furthermore, we feel our job is completely transparent. It is like one-on-one communication. We want to be a trusted source of information and that means not accepting requests to remove or change information. We have listed, unless there is something inaccurate with it. The information that you fetch in, is the first and last source of information for us, as we do not have control over your account. The world comes to us to see transparent content sharing platforms/etc. & confirm to stay away from any "fishy business" going on. If we remove this data when requested, it ruins our credibility.
- We provide our services for the most part free of charge. Servers cost money though as well as the team to program them. For this reason, we monetize the site via ads or sell some premium quality videos and graphical content. Since the creation of that premium content has cost us much more than our bearing capacity. So, selling that premium content helps us to recover those investments in the long course of time without adding any monetary load on the buyers. Most importantly, the content we create is really unique and completely our own. So the buyer has complete freedom to choose and buy any video or content that he or she likes with complete freedom. The majority of our content is absolutely free to use, but with attributions (For free category videos).
- Royalty Free Footages is a respected site that many individuals, brands and companies use on a daily basis. So, we do have services for them to help them create customized content with respective charges for the same. We may in the future develop or deploy services like subscription (Free & Paid both) a way on-site to allow them to choose and buy content directly if they are interested with a finite amount of fees (Mostly applicable for videos till further announcements).
- You come to Royalty Free Footages for the use or download of the respective content. Analytics helps us know how many people are using the site, which parts of the site you use the most often, etc. It helps us build out things you're interested in and not focus on things you're not. Google Analytics and other analytics tools, we may use from time to time also aren't evil. Without things like this, we wouldn't know how to help you!
- Lastly just a word about passwords. If you create an account on Royalty Free Footages you need to create a strong password and save it safely. This password is encrypted in our database in a way that no one can see what it is, not even us. That said, we recommend you don't use the same password you use on other sites.
We seriously understand the importance of customer information and their details. Every information detail privacy is important to us. We are seriously committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers. The below policy explains how we will deal with the information collected from customers, other personal information and options available to you in regard to the policies followed by us.
(2) Collection and use of gathered information
We may collect, store and use the following types of data/information:
(a) Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views (Cookies)
(b) Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases or use you make of our goods or services; (Purchase records).
(c) Personal information, for example, your name, address or telephone number, e-mail address that is taken when using the Site in order to provide you with the services you wish to make use of. Unless otherwise agreed with you we will not collect any sensitive personal data. We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys and provide feedback. This information to help us improvise the user experience.
(d) We will have only the information that you have willingly shared with us to contact you or share our resources with you. Also, your information that is related to the purchase of any of our videos or custom services.
(3) Our processing of personal data will satisfy at least one of the following processing conditions:
Consent – you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time but this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
Necessary for the performance of a contract – The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. Where this ground applies the provision of the information is a contractual requirement and if you fail to provide it, we will be unable to provide the services that you have requested;
Legal obligation – The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
Vital interests – The processing is necessary in order to protect your or another person’s vital interests,
Public functions – The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
Legitimate interests – The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. Legitimate interests include the transfer of data for internal administrative purposes, market research activities, direct marketing purposes, preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security and reporting criminal acts or threats to public security.
We may send a cookie, which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve on the service we provide currently and we will provide in future.
(5) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
1) Contact you or send you emailers for service updates or information.
2) Provide you with services; like share the requested video content, information related to it and other graphical contents that belongs to us.
3) Administer the website; Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
4) We believe in open communication with our customers. So, we will directly communicate with them through our website or through email. No sharing of your information to any third party;
5) Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
a) We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
b) We will only collect and use personal information in line with our responsibilities under applicable data protection laws. We may share your information only with our Group companies, advisers, suppliers, customers and partners as is necessary to ensure that you are provided with the services you have requested.
(6) How long will we keep your information?
We will generally keep your personal data till you are associated with us or interested in our products after which time it will be destroyed, if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. If you consent to marketing any information we use for this purpose will be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
(7) Your Rights
Under data protection laws you have the right:
to be informed;
to restrict processing;
to data portability;
Conditions may apply in respect of the exercise of these rights. We will generally respond to requests from you within one month.
(8) Other disclosures
(a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
(9) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password. Please do not share your password with others. Change your password regularly.
(10) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. We reserve the right to reclaim any administrative costs involved in providing you with this information. (The only information we have about you is your email and name that you provide while requesting a video)
(11) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information, which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. The same will be corrected/updated within a reasonable time.
With the continual use of our service by you, it will be assumed that you agree to our terms and conditions and also to our privacy policies. Also, we have all the rights to anytime make changes to our privacy policies or any other services or entities that may be related to our business.
We believe in transparent business to keep the relations healthy for the rest of our life. Feel free to communicate with us if you have any concerns or queries.